May 23, 2008

Cinderella!



First finished copy of Cinderella arrived by courier today!
Its always really exciting to see the finished book. For this book I did research in Early Printed Books in Trinity College. I was inspired by Books of Hours:  I made sketches from original 16th Century manuscripts in the reading room. The hats, costumes and settings were inspired from original 16th century books. Here is a sketch from one of my notebooks that shows the early outfit that inspired the wicked stepmother's. Cinderella will be published in September by Walker Books and Candlewick Press in the US.

Amazon
Candlewick

3 comments:

wilmcdermott said...

Bet you think you're really great with your fancy book!!!

Only joking. Looks fantastic. Will you get Owen to bring it in so I can have a proper look at it?

When is it on sale? My nieces lover their Hugglewug book!

Wil.

Niamh Sharkey said...

Thanks Will! Not available until September this is just a sneeky preview. It will be perfect for the girlies in your life. Although Oscar seems to love it. His favourite dress is the yellow one!

Rechru said...

Oh these are just delightful! I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this Cinderella and I'm off to buy the Hugglewug tomorrow.