June 26, 2008

Robert Dunbar Archive


HI! I'm just back from a week in Tuscany in Italy, to rain! This is a photo of me in the Studio above The Natural Shoe Store in Dublin. My good friend Dermot who ran the shoe store encouraged me through my 'early years'. I used to work downstairs selling Birkenstock and lovely roundy toes shoes for part of the week and doodle and paint in between times upstairs in the attic. Children's Books Ireland has just made available a collection of interviews in which Robert Dunbar meets with authors and illustrators to discuss their work. Many of these conversations were first broadcast as part of The Pied Piper series. Robert interviewed me about ten years ago around the same era as the photo, as part of this series and you can hear it here. Make sure to listen to the rest including one with PJ Lynch.

No comments: