April 21, 2010

Swim into the underwater world of Dan Yaccarino...



You may not be familiar with the art of Dan Yaccarino on this side of the Atlantic but you may know some of his creations for preschoolers; the charming Oswald and The Backyardigans.

His work has a distinctly retro feel, its like a trip back in time. This trailer for his new book The Fantastic Undersea Life of Jacques Cousteau really gives you an introduction to his unique style.

There are two great interviews with Dan on The Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast Blog. One talking about his work here. The other is a sneak into his notebooks here.

I don't know about you, but speaking for myself I always love having a sneak peek into other peoples notebooks. It really gives you an idea of how someone thinks and solves creative problems.

Hope you enjoy!

4 comments:

emer said...

This is lovely stuff...really love it! I think I sent you some links to this before actually!! :)

Unknown said...

That's really cool. Love the colours.

Unknown said...

You're right. I didn't know him from his name but am very familiar with Oswald and The Backyardigans. This is do cool!!!!

Niamh Sharkey said...

Yes Emer you sent me a link to his book back in 2008!