May 4, 2010

Crafty Weekend




We had a great Bank Holiday weekend we all went out west and spent Sunday at the Roscommon Lamb festival. We all went along to the Wool Craft Village which I heard about on Michelle's Blog here.In one corner they were shearing sheep, another corner three women were spinning wool. A knitters paradise!

I came across Michelle's blog when I googled for articles about knitting a while ago. She is a confessed craftaholic (I love that expression) It was Michelle's article here that prompted me to go down to the wool village. I was so happy that I did...

I got to meet Michelle, have a look at her lovely website Michelle made this which shows all her crafty creations. I am her blogging groupie! She was part of organising the Wool Craft Village with her knitting club The Cast Offs. There was lots of wool and needles so anyone could give it a go.

I sat and knitted with Megan, Oscar, and Aoibhe in the knitting circle and they were all so welcoming. This Is Knit the shop from Dublin had a stand and we ended up buying lots of wool and even knitting needles for my kids. I am knitting a scarf and the wool is so fine it is like knitting with spiders web. I'll post up a photo when I am finished.

3 comments:

m said...

Hi Niamh, it was so lovely to meet you and your family and thanks so much for the mention on your blog :o) I'm now trying to get my portfolio together for college which is due in today eughhhh!! I have a lovely pic of you with the girls knitting so I'll email shortly. Had a very exciting day yesterday as I was filming with Nationwide, should air on the 19th May :o) Take care Michelle x

Niamh Sharkey said...

Your welcome Michelle :) That's great about Nationwide, they always do great coverage of craftspeople and artists. I'll have to watch it when its on. All the best for your college deadline. I am sure you will do wonderfully, best Niamh

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.