February 25, 2011

Children's Literature, Classics and the City



Dublin is now a UNESCO City of Literature, and as part of the celebrations there will be a debate on Children's Literature, Classics and the City in Trinity College tomorrow .

Looks like its going to be an amazing day and the event is open to everyone. You can book or find out more information on the Irish Society for the Study of Children's Literature website here or to book here.

I will be part of a panel of writers and illustrators discussing how the City and Classics have influenced our work.

I did lots of research in Early Printed Books in Trinity when I illustrated Cinderella in 2007 and will be showing notebooks and slides of my research. Our Children's Laureate Siobhán Parkinson will be there for the day too.


Can you spot the influences for my Stepmother in Cinderella?


No comments: