September 9, 2011

It was Enchanting...




The Skerries Soundwaves Launch was opened last by the wonderful Robert Dunbar who as Oisín McGann puts it "is arguably the grandaddy of the children’s books community in Ireland." Oisín has a great write up of last night on his blog here. There was lovely guitar music, lots of nibbles and wine and plenty of friends and family there. It was just lovely to have Polly Dunbar along too last night!

The Enchanted Exhibition of Children's book art that features myself, Oisín, Bruce Ingram, Annie West and Adrienne Geoghan and it has travelled Ireland for the past two years. So I was thrilled to be able to bring it to Skerries and host it at Skerries Mills. I can see the windmill from my studio window so it really was a perfect setting. You could see the magical trees that I designed back in 2004 for Barabbas's Mid Summer Nights Dream twinkling away at nights end :)



No comments: