November 21, 2012

Hodges Figgis Christmas Window!

Absolutely thrilled to have been asked to paint the Hodges Figgis Christmas Window. I have been working away in my new studio. Its a massive undertaking as the illustration is over 8 foot long.  I couldn't of done it with out the help of my sister Emer who gave up her whole weekend and a day from Open Book Company (Thank you Brendan!) She was fantastic gessoing and helping me paint Dinotown. Thank you so much Emer! 

Here's a few images of the work in progress. I will be instore in Dawson Street all day Monday 27th painting the final touches and reading from Santasurus, and making stars to decorate the window with six year olds from Griffeen Valley Educate Together, Lucan.


Emer and Oscar roll out the gesso! 
Sketch up outlines
Niamh painting...
My painting Elf Emer! 

Conor has more info here. 

1 comment:

Morgan O'Brien said...

Looks great Niamh! Best of luck with it!