November 5, 2008

Change



I spent the day with Conor my rep driving around all the Easons signing copies of Cinderella. It’s half price in all Eason Stores for one week only.
Here is a copy of the Argosy Christmas Catalogue, it was commissioned for Argosy who sell wholesale into Independent bookstores. I always try to support the independents. We have a lovely little bookstore in our Town Skerries Bookstore, run by Paddy. It's a great little shop and he is a great supporter of my books.
I also think that books are the best Christmas present and I am making my list up now so if you know me expect a book. So fantastic to curl up in front of the fire and read or sit your little one on your knee for a cosy read.
I know its credit crunch time but I still think that books are good value, for a night in just add cup of hot chocolate and warm fire!

Last night I stayed up 'til two in the morning watching the coverage of US elections but my peepers had to go asleep in the end. When we woke up this morning we all raced down to turn on the news. I was so happy and delighted that Obama is new president...what a monumental moment in time. The coverage was incredibly moving, it really was a young peoples vote for change and hopefully Obama will change the world for the better, to a happier world :-)

No comments: